My research focuses on biological networks, meiosis and recombination,
algorithmic methods and systems biology.
I encourage efforts to advance cross-disciplinary work. I helped set up the
Axe Interface Physique Biologie of the RTRA Triangle de la Physique
and the corresponding axis of the Labex
of international conferences in 2014, 2016 and 2018, entitled Physics and Biological Systems, that are follow-ups of
the corresponding 2011 conference at Orsay that I organized.
Publications by theme:
Main activities associated with research:
Some past Ph.D. students and postdocs :
Nicolas CERF -> Professor,
Stefano CILIBERTI -> Group leader, Capital Fund Management, Paris
Jérôme HOUDAYER -> Chargé de Recherche, IPhT, Saclay
-> Professeur, University Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris
Andrea PAGNANI -> Research Scientist, HGF, Torino
Allon PERCUS -> Professor,
-> Chargé de Recherche, College de France, Paris
Areejit SAMAL -> Assistant Professor, IMSc, Chennai
Munetaka SASAKI -> Associate Professor, Kanagawa University, Japan
Sumedha SUMEDHA -> Assistant Professor, NISER, India
- I was co-in-charge of the
Master Systèmes Biologiques et Concepts Physiques
in which I also taught a modeling course.
- I taught with
and R. Mastrippolito a class "Physics of Biological Systems" in third year
- I taught classes on biological networks in the
- I taught classes on Programming in C at the Master M1 level.
- I taught classes on Numerical Analysis at the Master M1 level.
- I taught classes on statistical physics at the Master M2 level.
- I taught a modeling course in the master program
Champs, Particules, Matières.
- I taught for 3 years a course on finite size effects in phase transitions (an option
of the Ecole Doctorale Constituants Elémentaires <-> Systèmes Complexes.)
- I taught the option
"Champs et Fluides"
and helped set up the option
Complexity of collective physical phenomena,
an M1 option of
the Magistère de Physique
- I taught first year Pre-Meds (PCEM = Premier Cycle
d'Etudes Medicales) many years.
- I did one term on the Editorial Board of the
physics teachers in higher education journal
European Journal of Physics.
et Evolution - Le Moulon
in anti spam format: olivier a-dot-here c a-dot-again martin (at sign) inra a-dot-there fr